1. – Check the latest travel advice for your destination and subscribe to receive email notification each time the travel advice for your destination is updated.
2. – Take out comprehensive travel insurance and ensure it covers you for the countries, cities and places you plan to visit and the things you plan to do.
3. – Before traveling to another country register your travel plans and contact details online or at the local embassy or consulate once you arrive so we can contact you in case of an emergency.
4. – Obey the laws of the country you’re visiting even if these seem harsh or unfair by your own country standards. Don’t expect to be treated differently from the locals just because you’re a foreigner.
5. – Make sure that you have the proper visas for the countries you are visiting or transiting and check any other entry or exit requirements.
6. – Make copies of your passport details, insurance policy, travelers checks and credit card numbers. Carry the copies in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
7. – Check with your doctor or health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations and other health precautions. Vaccinations can be an entry requirement for some countries. Also find out about taking medication overseas – some medicines aren’t allowed in other countries.
8. – Make sure your passport has at least six months’ validity from your planned date of return to the country of origin. Carry with you extra passport photos in case your passport is lost or stolen and you need to replace it while you are in a different country.
9. – Keep in contact with friends and family back home and give them a copy of your travel itinerary so they always know where you are.
10. – Check to see if you’re regarded as a national of the country you plan to visit, and whether dual nationality will have any implications for your travel plans.
** If you are an Attorney at Law or Law Firm in which there is at least one Legal XM member attorney or detective services, you may join Legal XM at the “Additional Member” rate of $149.00. After applying for additional members please contact our office at 1. 619. 846. 2123 so that your account can be properly linked with your firm. See Plans and Prices Here
* We DO NOT distribute, sell, or rent your name or personal information to any third party. This includes any e-mail addresses, phone numbers or mailing addresses that you provide. All our conversation, files, forms, etc are kept strictly confidential.